Sunday, November 9, 2008

A Sweet Gift

While we were out in Arizona, I had the opportunity to meet up with some friends from Kenya ... friends that I hadn't seen in almost 10 years! While we were there, Keri presented us with a very precious and sweet gift. She had contacted me just after Jonathan had died and wanted to know if she could make something for Andrew out of Jonathan's clothes. I sent her all of his favorite clothes ... t-shirts, dress shirts, and pants. And she did the rest! The outcome is absolutely fabulous and something we will cherish for a lifetime. She made a quilt and a pillow. The pillow is called "What's in Daddy's Pocket?". It is made from pockets off the shirts and pants of some of the clothes. She had put little toys in some of the pockets for Andrew to find!

These pictures don't do justice to the quilt and pillow, but I want you all to see them.




















4 comments:

Anonymous said...

amazing. what a great idea!!!!
kelly potter

Anonymous said...

Sarah
What an awesome idea to keep his personal touches around you....
Treasure forever..
Love
Nora O'Hara

Anonymous said...

that is such a wonderful gift... wow. I've never seen anything like that... it will mean SO much and what a wonderful tangible thing to remember Jonathan.

Anonymous said...

I loved the pictures of the quilt. I remember when he was on the Go Pray team...that piece of shirt looked familiar. :)