Monday, July 28, 2008

some thoughts ...

This past weekend has been one of the best that I have had in a long time. On Saturday, I went to a friends house for the day. We had a jewlery party (what girl doesn't like to look at and buy jewelry!) and then a baby shower for a friend from Union. It was so nice to just hang out and visit with friends. Congratualtions to Steve and Lauren Chipman ... they are going to have a little boy, Tucker, at the end of August. Her due date is August 28th, which was my due date with Andrew. So, maybe he will be early, like Andrew.

Sunday was another fabulous day. After church, I headed up to Jackson, TN to visit with friends and family. I meet up with Drew Herndon, a dear friend of Jonathan's and I. Drew had been working on a sweet gift for Andrew and I. He had gotten friends of ours to write letters .. a letter to me and a letter to Andrew, had then put in a book format. Those two books are one of the most precious gifts that I have ever received. As I sat and read through them last night, I just wept with each letter. Thank you to each of you who wrote a letter. You will never know just how much they mean to me and hopefully how much they will mean to Andrew.


After meeting up with Drew, I then went to visit some more dear friends, The Wysors. Jody and Carrie were our "watch care" parents when Jonathan and I were students at Union. They have two precious boys, Sam and Will. It was so fun just to hang out and catch up. And their boys did such a great job playing with Andrew.

Jody, Andrew, and Sam - hanging out.


My last visit was with Tobey, Lem, and little Maja. Maja is Tobey and Lem's new little puppy. She is a puggle, a pug and beagle mix! She is too cute. Andrew had a fun time playing with her.

Andrew and Maja, playing on the stairs

Andrew getting some kisses from Maja

And then today when I picked Andrew up from his daycare, I got a paper saying that he is moving up to the next class next week. How did this happen? When did my little baby become a little boy? It took my breath away to think that it is already time for him to move up. He isn't quite old enough to be in that room just yet (i think they have to be 12 months - so he is very close), but they are moving him up since he is so mobile. That boy can move! He walks everywhere and anywhere! And the hardest thing about him moving up ... I have to buy his first school supplies! Isn't that crazy! Or is it just me? My how time flies!

Please keep my parents in your prayers. They will be flying back to the States at the end of the week. As we are so excited for them to be back here, it is hard for them to say bye to their home of 12 years.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sarah,
I am glad Drew was able to pull everything together and provide such a meaningful gift for you and Andrew to cherish. Thanks for keeping all of us in the loop with pictures of our handsome nephew and all of us look forward to seeing both of you at the end of August for Andrew big first birthday.

ps - I hope i was not too long-winded in our letter for the book.

Love- Matt, Sarah, Tyler, Carson, & baby Stonecipher