Monday, March 3, 2008

thoughts ...

Eleven days ... how fast things can change. The past 11 days have been unbeliveable. The outpouring of love and prayer is overwhelming. Andrew and I are definitely thankful for everyone who has been at the feet of God lifting us up. And we want you to know that God is answering your prayers. I have been just comforted by God and given the peace that passes all understanding. God gives us new mercies every morning -- just what we need for that day. At times, I find myself thinking that Jonathan is just out of town working and will be back soon, but then I remember what I've seen and know that he isn't here. He is in heaven. How GREAT is that?! He is no longer suffering from depression, and is in no pain. And part of me is so jealous of him -- that he is in God's presence every minute. And then the other part of me knows that I have a HUGE job here on earth. I don't know how many of you were able to attend the funeral service, but it was a true celebration on Jonathan's life. Todd Wilson, our pastor brought the message. And he preached the Word! But something he said that has stuck with me was ... "Let me tell you how he lived." And Todd then told how Jonathan lived -- a life sold out to our Savior. In everything Jonathan did, he wanted God to be glorified. What an amazing thought! I pray that I may live my life in such a way that when asked of me, "How did she live?" I pray that the answer will be, "she lived to glorify God."

Philippians 1:12 says, "Now I want you to know, brothers, that what has happened to me has really served to advance the gospel." Jonathan's death is very sad, however, the gospel will be advanced. Already, I have heard several stories from family and friends of how their life has already changed because of Jonathan! Praise God!

And some Andrew news for all those who are wondering ... he is doing great! He has been a little confused, I'm sure, with all the moving around and all the people. But, again, I am so blessed. He is a happy baby! He has gotten his first teeth. The two front bottom teeth have poked through the gums. It is so cute. I will put up pictures as soon as I get my personal computer hooked back up to the internet. Today was his six month check-up. He is growing so fast. He weighs in at 19lbs 2oz and is 29 1/4 inches long. He continues to be in the 90 -99 percentile. I've got a big boy! And I promise that pictures are coming soon!

Other news ... Andrew and I will be moving in with some good friends of ours that live in Millington -- Hutch and Ashley. We are so thankful that they have opened their home to us. Jonathan actually lived with them before we got married. Guess it is my turn now! Several others have wondered how they can help or what we need. And I would love to tell each one of you something specific that we may need. But, honestly, I'm not even sure. The number one thing we ask for is your continued prayers -- that we continue to rely on God for our strength and that He would continue to sustain us. And for those that want something more tangible, an account has been set up at Patriot Bank for Sarah and Andrew Stonecipher that you can deposit any amount into. You can locate a branch here. We are so very thankful for all of your support. We love you! Sarah and Andrew

11 comments:

Michelle said...

Sarah,
Your strength and courage amaze me! It is really visable how God is holing you up in this time. If you are anything like Tobey(and I am sure you are!) I am sure that you are a very strong woman of God and will make it through this beautifully. You have such an amazing family to have your back and watch over you. Little Andrew sounds like he is doing great. You and Andrew are and always will be on my heart and in my prayers. Thank you for being so transparent and sharing during this time. It has lifted me up and shown me how big our God really is!

Aprille Roberts said...

Well Sarah, once again your strength overwhelms me. I know that your strength comes from the Lord, but it is still amazing. I just sat here and cried reading this post and I just have to say that just from reading what you have written over the past couple of weeks has made such an impression on me. You have clung to Jesus with everything in you, and in the midst of your pain, still have such profound and encouraging things to say. It is obvious that you and Jonathan loved the Lord with your whole hearts. We will continue to pray for you and for Andrew, and for both of your families. We love you and continue to pray that Jesus will lift you up. Thank you for your example. It is so amazing how many people have been touched by this, and how it has brought people closer to God. It also makes us think more, at least it has me, about what other people are going through. It has taught me too that we should treat every moment with the people we love with the utmost of importance, because we truly never know what tomorrow will bring. My prayer is that your tomorrows will just get brighter with each and every new day.

Beard Family Blogs said...

Dear Sarah,

You're in our every thought and prayers each day. Let us know if you need anything. Hopefully we can get together soon. We love you and Andrew!

Carla & Glenn
Mitchell & Russell

Anonymous said...

thanks for the post sarah. it's hard not knowing how you are. i'm glad you are moving in with hutch and ashley. i'm sure they will take care of you and andrew.

yes. i was at the funeral.....and that's what i tell people....how bro. todd did such a good job. "I WILL TELL YOU HOW JONATHAN LIVED."

we pray for you and andrew often. always, kelly

Esther Playfair Baker said...

Sarah.

You don't know me but I work with you parents Chip and Suzann at RVA.
My husband and I pray for you often and for the whole family.
Just wanted to let you know that many are praying for you.

esther and chuck baker (RVA)

Unknown said...

Sarah, I just heard about Jonathan today. I was a friend of his in high school. He was a great guy. Just know that you're in our prayers.

God bless,
Andrea

Anonymous said...

Sarah,
I too was a friend of Jonathan's from High School, we were in band together. I grieve with you and your family and pray for God's peace and strength at this time. I can tell just from your posts and not even knowing you that God is doing amazing things in your life. Continue holding on to Him, He will never fail you.
God Bless,
Chrissy

Anonymous said...

Still praying.
saca

Unknown said...

Sarah, I hope you don't mind me posting here. I am a friend of Becky & Nate's & just heard about what you're going through. My heart just breaks for you & I can't even imagine how incredibly difficult this must be. But I wanted to let you know that some strangers in Kansas were saying lots of prayers for you that you will continue to feel God's arms around you & Andrew as you continue to heal. You seem like such an amazing woman & I'm so glad you have such wonderful support. God bless.
Stacia

Anonymous said...

Sarah:you and Andrew are thought of and prayed for daily in our house....miss your smiling face...

Anonymous said...

Sarah-just know I think of you daily and will continue to pray for you and Andrew. I am here if you need anything. Love ya!
Brandy Canady Kirkpatrick