Tuesday, October 6, 2009

prayer request ... and a quick update

Okay ... so it has been FOREVER since I've updated my blog. And in a few minutes you will find out why. But first, I must ask a big favor. It is for prayer for my sister, Tobey and her sweet little boy Malachi Duncan Turner. Tobey went into labor late last night and Malachi was born today at 4:16pm. He is a big one .. 8 lbs 14 oz!! But, he is in the NICU (granted... he is the biggest baby in there by far!). Mostly for observation and to wean him off the IV fluids and onto breastmilk. The reason they took him to the NICU was he wasn't crying as much as they wanted, more like a groaning/moaning sound. Turns out he had some fluid on his lungs. The nurse practioner sounded very positive in her update, but there is always a chance things could change. So, I ask you to pray for a quick recovery on Malachi's part, and for the nurses and doctors that are caring for him. I ask that you pray for Tobey and Lem as well. I couldn't imagine how hard it is to have your baby in the NICU. Pray for peace and that the lean on God.

Okay... now back to the horrible job of updating ... well, it is all a boy's fault!! I met a great guy in March (probably sometime around the date of my last post!). And well, he has kept me very busy since coming into my life. And last week, on September 26 ... I became his wife! I know... how exciting, right?? Well, Tony definitely makes me very happy! He is a blessing from God in so many ways. He is an answer to many prayers. Andrew and I wouldn't know what to do without him now! And Andrew just loves him ... it is too cute to watch them play and interact! It makes my heart happy to watch them together! So, I apologize for the lapse in posting ... and I cannnot promise it will be better from here on out. But, if you really want to keep up with us ... look me up on facebook ... Sarah Ashley Ward ... hehe... cute name huh?!?!

Here is a picture of us from our honeymoon ... in Jamaica!



Quick Andrew update ... He is two and full of himself. His favorite word is "No". His favorite activity ... being busy or just chillin to "watch TV" (which I hear often!). He is a blessing everday. It is so fun to see him learn more and more new things each day.

4 comments:

Marksberry Family said...

Wow! Congratulations! We wish you guys all the best!

Doug and Heidi said...

I was watching for a post from you! more pictures please!!!

Marksberry Family said...

Please tell Tobey and Lem that we said Congrats and that their little one is in our prayers.

lexie said...

Yay for updates! (even if I already knew some of them) ;)

I'll be praying for Tobey, Lem and Malachi.